Bonobo interesting facts-Bonobos eat fruits, leaves and flowers
Bonobo is a type of Chimpanzee. This was earlier called ‘Pigmy’ chimpanzee. Bonobo is also called the Dwarf Chimpanzee.
- The word Bonobo originated from Bantu language. The meaning of the word is Ancestor.
- Bonobos are found in Kango region in Africa. Normal chimpanzees are found on the north side of Kango River while the Bonobos are found in the north side of the river.
- Bonobos eat fruits, leaves and flowers.
- Bonobos build a nest on the tree to spend the night. Every night they search for a new place to take rest.
- Bonobo’s average height is two and half feet when they stand up.
- They weight nearly 39 kgs.
- The main difference between bonobos and chimpanzee is their body proportions. While the chimpanzees have powerful, broad shoulders, thick neck and large head, bonobos have narrow shoulders, long neck and long legs.
- Bonobos cannot swim.
- Bonobos are very social apes.
- Bonobos have more hair than chimpanzee.
- Unlike many apes, bonobos enjoy water. They spend hours in streams.
- Bonobos love playing with their youngsters.