Why do Desert Plants Have Thorns?
As everybody is aware, deserts are very hot. Even then some type of plants would be living in the deserts. Plants that grow in deserts such as Cactus have thorns. To withstand the unusual living conditions in deserts, animals and plants that live in deserts have some special characteristics. Usually plants lose some water through the stomata. Since desert plants do not get sufficient water, losing the water through stomata may prove to be expensive for their existence. As part of the procedure of protecting the water, plants see that their leaves are converted into thorns. This is the reason why desert plants have thorns.
Related Search Tags:
- why do desert plants have thorns
- Why Do Plants Have Thorns
- why plants in desert have thorny leaves
- why does desert vegetation has short torny leaves
- desert plants thorns
- whay the desert plants have small thorny leaves
- why desert plants have thorns
- why dessert plants have thorns
- why do desert desert plants have thorns
- why do desert plants have thorns instead of leaves