Why do Desert Plants Have Thorns?
As everybody is aware, deserts are very hot. Even then some type of plants would be living in the deserts. Plants that grow in deserts such as Cactus have thorns. To withstand the unusual living conditions in deserts, animals and plants that live in deserts have some special characteristics. Usually plants lose some water through the stomata. Since desert plants do not get sufficient water, losing the water through stomata may prove to be expensive for their existence. As part of the procedure of protecting the water, plants see that their leaves are converted into thorns. This is the reason why desert plants have thorns.
Related Search Tags:
- why do desert plants have thorns
- why desert plants have thorns
- Why do desert plants have thorns instead of leaves?
- Why Do Plants Have Thorns
- desert plants thorns
- why do desert plants have thorns instead of leaves
- thorny bushes in deserts
- The desert vegetation has thorns instead of leaves why?
- plants in desert have Thorns instead of leaves because
- plant with thorns that grows in the desert