Why do Desert Plants Have Thorns?
As everybody is aware, deserts are very hot. Even then some type of plants would be living in the deserts. Plants that grow in deserts such as Cactus have thorns. To withstand the unusual living conditions in deserts, animals and plants that live in deserts have some special characteristics. Usually plants lose some water through the stomata. Since desert plants do not get sufficient water, losing the water through stomata may prove to be expensive for their existence. As part of the procedure of protecting the water, plants see that their leaves are converted into thorns. This is the reason why desert plants have thorns.
Related Search Tags:
- why do desert plants have thorns
- why desert plants have thorns
- Why do desert plants have thorns?
- The desert vegetation has thorns instead of leaves why?
- desert plants with spikes
- why the trees & shrubs in the desert have thorns
- plants in desert have Thorns instead of leaves because
- how are thornes instead of leaves better in the desert
- thorns on desert plants
- which plants have thorns in the desert