Why is Tomato Skin Hard to Digest?
According to Botany, tomatoes belong to Solanaceae family as pepper, eggplant etc. Scientific name of tomato is Solanum Lycopersicum. The skin of tomato is made up with cellulose. This contains Lycopene Glycoprotein. Human body can digest only sugars that contain less monosaccharide but not polysaccharides such cellulose that contains more sugars. The skin of tomato is build with big atoms such as polysaccharides and glycoprotein and so it does not get digested by the human digestive system but is excreted as it is.
Related Search Tags:
- are tomatoes hard to digest
- tomato skin digestion
- tomato peel dont get digested why
- skin of tomato digestion
- how long does it take to digest tomato skin
- why tomato peels dont digest
- why does tomato skin not digest
- are tomatoes digestable
- skin of a tomatoes can you digest
- ours skins on tomatoes hard to digest